Saturday, November 29, 2008

A true steal

With having the four kids here and being alone find a good baby sitter is hard. So no surprise that i had no plans to hit the stores for Fridays sales. However i did take a peek online at my fav places to get the kids stuff. What did i find but the pea coats I have been debating about buying the boys half off. So the coats that retailed for 50 for A's size and 60 For J's were now 25 and 30. So I debated for a little about buying the boys the boys such expensive jackets. Decided to check my emails and there it was a coupon for 50% of your purchase from gap,oldnavy online only. Could it really be i would get the boys jackets for 12.50 and 15 bucks. Now how could you pass that up. So i went back online and got what has to be the last two jackets in the boys sizes. I found the girls sweaters for 3.00 a piece and got the whole family jeans for under 5 a pair. So with 53 items in my cart i thought I was well over 300. But actually only spent 125.00 and i got free shipping. What a steal, since the stores here usually don't have the sizes I need here. My total purchase retailed for about 1200 and i walked off only paying 125.00 what a steal.

Since I had such great luck with old navy and I had received two coupons from gymboree I decided to take a peek and see what was on my wish list. Since gymboree is my sin store and I can easily drop a grand buying the kids clothing from there. I figured I wasn't going to buy anything. Well my list was over 3000.00 (see just a wish list) and with all there sales and my coupons I got the complete wish list along with a few other items for 350.00 another steal. Yes most of what I bought is for next year and a few gifts to stick under the tree but i truly made out this year. Next shopping trip is for the toys the kids ask Santa for. With money being tight and with four kids and another on the way we only planned on spending X amount on each well if i keep hit these sales the kids are truly making out this year.

So note to those of you out there sign up for email coupons and flyers because they do pay off in the end. Happy Holidays

No comments: