Sunday, November 30, 2008

The joys of children

Well since it was a four day weekend and of course it had to rain for half of it. Today was the day we picked to try and get organized for up and coming trip to New York City. Yes Christmas is usually spent in MI with my sister but last year wasn't so good. This year we are going to visit my grandfather and for the first time we will be able to try and hold Aidan. Lets face it Aidan has a case of the wiggle worms. So as I pulled clothing out of closets and drawers and tried to make a list of what I still had to buy, I had my two little helpers putting other stuff in the bag or putting what I had out back in the closet. Then the older two playing the favorite game of 1 million questions. How will Santa find us? does Me Pa have Internet? Does he have a fire place and where are we going came up about thousand times. The joys of holiday travel without a spouse home to help, with so much to do and to get ready for yes it is truly going to take me 20 days to be ready for the trip. We leave on Dec 19Th and since Airlines now charge a arm and leg for baggage Christmas presents have to be wrapped and fed ex ed early. I had to order extra car seats have them shipped and lets not forget the pack and play extra med's for Aidan.

This will be our first trip with kids to New York so I am a little nervous to see how they do. My Grandfather place isn't really set up for children since he doesn't have any but it is large and it does over look Central Park another place i can't wait to take the kids. I only wish we were making the trip in the summer months so I could take the kids to a ball game and grab a hot dog. So as I try and pack four kids for the snow cold state, they don't make it easy. Ticket have already been bought and to make Caroline's day we are taking a train ride while there. The others are looking forward to cab rides and the subway. I am just happy to be back at my home away from home. So since we are not putting a tree up at home the kids have to make sure we will have a tree in New York.

now the crew is driving me crazy so i must run

No comments: